Fantasy Games are available for many different consoles and the genre has been around for a lot longer than most people might think. The open-ended style of this genre makes for a very large group of games. You may not even know you're playing a Fantasy Game even when you're playing it as the genre is so large. There are literally hundreds of Fantasy Games in the world; so why not pop down to the shop and see what you can buy. You'd be suprised at what you can find in even the smallest corner shops!
Gameplay and StyleEdit
Although there may be an extensive list of Fantasy Games in the world, most of them still follow the same gameplay style. If you're trying to identify a Fantasy Game then take a look at the list below:
General Features of a Fantasy Game:
- Generally have third-person gameplay styles. Of course there are some exceptions.
- Are quite often set in unreal worlds and mythical realms.
- Nearly always include the following:
- Weapons (Fantasy)
- Characters (Friendly/Neutural/Enemy)
- Items (to Collect)
- Secret areas
- Traders (Potion/Weapon/Item/etc. Shop)
- DLC (on selected consoles)
- Missions (often called quests to maintain authentication)
- Monsters/Friend or Foe/Aliens/Creatures/etc.